Sunday 14 December 2008

Full Moon, Koh Chang, Thailand (still)




Well after last night's full moon party I don't have it in me to write a blog, so you'll have to make do with another journal entry. Also, I'm sure none of you want to hear about what I got up to at the party........


weds 10 december



I felt compelled to write today today to record what will probably be the most amazing place I stay on my trip. I am swaying peacefully in my bamboo hammock, outside my baby blue water bungalow at the Blue Lagoon.

I have only moved 5k down the road since I arrived over 2 weeks ago. There are breathtaking views either side of me. To my left lush, mountainous rain forest, to my right the water opens out onto a quiet white sand beach fringed with palm trees. The only sound disturbing the gentle bird song and the occasional hum of a wooden fishing boat, is of a monk chanting in the still waters whilst performing a fascinating bathing ritual. His robes reminiscent of the brilliant crimson sunsets I see every evening. As I lie here watching the fish underneath my hammock, I think that so far this is my favourite place on earth, apart from home that is.

Miss you all loads. Merry Christmas. I'm heading to an orphans' Christmas in Cambodia. I thought great, I'll get to do something worthy. It turns out that I am one of the orphans; it's a gathering for lone travellers.



Vic xx

No comments: